Two Ways to Go Carbon Neutral!
The most effective way for each of us to reduce climate change is to become carbon neutral in our own lives. Fortunately, there are two quick, but very essential actions we can take to attain this:
- Switch to 100% Renewable Electricity: in the U.S. and Canada, head over to the green-e certified site and select the Renewable Electricity option. If no suppliers are available for your area, select Renewable Energy Certificate and pick one of the certified companies offering options nationwide. It only takes a few minutes to sign up, the charge for renewable energy is competitive and you will only receive one bill for all electricity and gas charges. Any outages will continue to be handled by your local utility.
- Increasing renewable energy sources helps reduce prices for renewable. This is what will drive predominant adoption of sustainable energy sources regardless of government policies.
- Making your energy choice clear helps shift your local utility company toward offering renewable options.
- Switching to renewable reduces demand for building new polluting energy plants and makes it clear to your politicians that you no longer want them to support polluting energy sources.
- And, of course, it will directly reduce/offset your personal emissions.
- Buy Carbon Offsets: the green-e certified site also lists certified carbon offset companies. Your chosen organization will help you calculate your remaining carbon emissions and setup a payment plan. Costs are very affordable (about the price of a latte a month per person).
Taking these two key steps toward becoming carbon neutral means that, from this day forward, you’ll be taking effective action every single day to help create a prudent, sustainable future for all of us!
Want to do more? Please share this page with your friends and family! For more ideas on reducing your personal emissions.
Plant a Tree
You can take a step to make this world safer place for living with plant a tree. Click here to plant a tree.
You can even reduce your carbon footprints by using these simple steps in your daily life:
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint From Driving
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint From Air Travel
Reduce Your Home Energy Carbon Footprint
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint From Food